Blue Mountains TAFE - General Information
Blue Mountains TAFE includes two campuses - Katoomba and Wentworth Falls. Together they make up the western-most college in WSI (Western Sydney Institute). For more information on WSI, see the WSI website
The college offers a range of courses including Business, Information Technology, Outdoor Recreation, Cooking, Community Services, Beauty and Massage Therapy. There are some excellent new facilites including the training restaurant and cafe (open to visitors during term), a new building for massage and beauty at Katoomba, and a number of computer labs with a wide range of software. For more information see WSI Blue Mountains.
The IT section is located in block 'B', Mitchell Street, Wentworth Falls. Our courses range from beginner computer training to Diploma level Web Design and Systems Administration. Since 2008, we have offered programming at Certificate IV level in Java and Visual Basic. All our courses have a strong industry focus, and we include work experience, project based delivery and team work wherever possible - especially in higher level courses. As examples, last year:
- our web students completed sites for clients that are now 'live'
- TVET students built computers and a network that were used in a local primary school
- a number of our web/programming students are now working in frontline web development, PHP programming and internet market analysis for companies in Sydney. Congratulations!
- other graduate students are now building websites for their own clients
- a number of our students have continued on to further study at Charles Sturt and Newcastle University.
Contact us - call for more information or email now.